SDSU Retirement Association
The San Diego State University Retirement Association was established in 1986 through the cooperative efforts of retired and current SDSU faculty and staff and the support and encouragement of President Thomas B. Day. The Association was established in order to serve the mutual benefits and interests of retired and near retired faculty and staff and to facilitate continuing contributions by members to the furtherance of the scholarly and other professional objectives of San Diego State University.
- To provide pre-retirement and post-retirement planning and counseling;
- To implement communication between the University and retired faculty and staff;
- To sponsor educational programs related to problems of retired persons, such as housing, medical care, and other economic and social concerns;
- To work for improvement of the retirement program of San Diego State University;
- To provide a means for continuing professional and educational activities of the University personnel in retirement;
- To communicate on behalf of the retired San Diego State University personnel with representatives of the University, government, and other groups affecting the welfare of retired persons.
- THE ASSOCIATION PROVIDES access to its library of information regarding aspects of retirement; PERS, Social Security, Medicare, health and life insurances, taxes, estate planning, finances, relocation, and medical concerns.
- THE ASSOCIATION CONDUCTS seminars and workshops and offers individual consultation in areas pertaining to retirement planning and post-retirement living.
- THE ASSOCIATION ASSISTS in the interpretation of administrative policies relating to benefits and privileges, i.e., campus space and facilities, parking, etc.
- THE ASSOCIATION PUBLISHES a newsletter, PostScript, with information about the activities of the SDSU Retirement Association and related campus and university news.
- THE ASSOCIATION PROVIDES opportunities for members to participate in a wide range of social activities and excursions.
The California State University, SDSU and its Auxiliaries provide many benefits to retired faculty and staff. Benefits include health and dental coverage, retention of the SDSU ID card, continued use of the SDSU email address, parking, library facilities and the Faculty/Staff club. Benefits may vary based on the organization from which you retired, your years of service, and whether you are faculty or staff. Check with the appropriate offices to determine how benefits apply to you. Helpful links are provided which may be of interest or assistance.
The SDSURA Board includes a Benefits Committee which monitors legislation and other decisions that may affect our benefits and welfare. The committee provides regular reports and updates to the Board and informs the membership with articles in Postscript.
|Vice President||Dan Gilbreath|
|Immediate Past President||Dean Popp|
|Directors at Large|
|Standing Committee||Committee Chairs|
|Activities||Mary Nelson, Ann LePage, Rick Schulte, Joan McArthur|
|Bylaws / Rules||Cheryl Trtan|
|Postscript||Barbara Barnes, Leif Fern, Maggi McKerrow|
|University Advancement Liaison||Amy Walling|
|SDSU Women's Association Liaison||Rinda Young|
|Faculty/Staff Club Liaison||Nancy Carmichael|
San Diego State University Links
- SDSU Homepage
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Announcements
- Campus Electronic Phonebook
- Human Resources
- Alumni Resources
- History of SDSU
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- AROHE, (Association of Retirement Organizations in Higher Education)
- AARP, (American Association for Retired Persons)
- CSU-ERFA, (California State University Emeritus and Retired Faculty Association)
- CSEA, (California State Employees Association Retirees Division news)
- OASIS, (Enriching the Lives of Mature Adults with challenging programs in the arts, humanities, wellness, technology and volunteer service)
- Nursing Home Abuse, Find out about nursing home abuse
Day at the Del Mar Races (Canceled)
|5 Kentucky Derby Lunch and Viewing (Canceled)||
9 Oktoberfest (Tentative)
|6 Holiday Luncheon (Tentative)|